Must Read Book Recommendations for Entrepreneurs
Why do I love Reading books / Listening to e-book?
It really simple actually. Think about who writes books:
- books are written by those who came before you. They’ve worked entire lifetimes and have decided to share their knowledge via a book.
- books are written by researchers. They dive into a particular topic for months to years and share what they’ve learned.
- books are written by individuals you admire or follow. You aspire to be like them.
Now, knowing the 3 points above isn’t it a wise decision to pick up a book. It’s your secret “power-up”, to accelerate past your competition.
My Book Recommendations:
The Power of Habit (link)
– great book to understand how habits control people.
– learn how to improve yourself.
– learn how to build habits with your customers.
Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products (link)
– why do people say “just Google it”?
– why do you check your Facebook first thing in the morning?
– why do you open your Amazon app to order just about everything?
– Learn how these companies have created habit-forming cue in their business
The Hard Thing About Hard Things (link)
– written by Ben Horowitz, co-founder of Andreessen Horowitz
– offers essential advice on building and running a startup
– practical wisdom for managing the toughest problems business school doesn’t cover
The Lean Startup (link)
– this is the book that changed how entrepreneurs and investors look at new ideas
– written by Eric Ries, co-founder of IMVU
– must read to understand “product-market fit”
How to Talk to Anyone: 92 little tricks (link)
– networking and socializing is key to meeting your next co-founder, potential customers, and investors. However, many founders are too shy and don’t know how to begin a conversation. This book covers that.
BTW, if time is an issue, try using Audible. You can listen to the books I recommended while driving or at the gym (or maybe while you are sleeping).